** BASIC TRUTHS!!! **
Here are some articles that are elsewhere on this site. I felt it profitable though to gather them together on this one page because I believe that they include Basic Truths and common beliefs among those that have been given a hope of eternal life! - Tom
- Absolute Predestination This article is a reply to a question from Signs of the Times in Feb. 1 1854
- A Firm Foundation “Wisdom hath builded her house, she hath hewn out her seven pillars.”
- Anti-Christian Institutions Are Sunday Schools, Theological Schools, etc. scriptural? you just might be surprised by the answer by Elder Beebe and is an excellent supplement to the Black Rock Address.
- Associations Read this to see what Elder Beebe had to say on this topic.
- Atonement, The The atonement made by our divine Redeemer, either was exclusively for those who shall finally reign with him in glory, or one of two things must be inevitable: first, all mankind will be saved by it; or, second, none will be saved by it.
- Baptism By Elder Lambert
- Baptism - Rebaptism I have received a few emails concerning this topic as of lately. It seems that some think that men have just followed Beebe in this topic and not relied on Scripture. Read this new article that I found on the topic and see what you think.
- Bible Definition of “Gospel” This article is by Gilbert Beebe. It is short and sweet and to the point. A must to understand more clearly what the TRUE gospel of Christ is.
- Black Rock Address An address written in 1832 by Old School Baptist Elders refuting the extra biblical practices of the New School.
- Chastisement By Elder H.H. Lefferts - Does God chastise His children? and should His childern ever expect to be beyond chastising?
- Christian Warfare, The Thomas P Dudley, 1846
- Conditional Time Salvation - Is it the Truth? By Elder R.H. Boaz - 1897
- Contest of 1886-89, The - A book written and compiled by Elder William Smoot in 1929. Some “old schoolers” were attempting to reconcile with the “new schoolers” without a change in doctrine or order, thus the contest ensued! A MUST read!!!
- Eternal Unconditional Election ...if there be conditions in the election of grace, resting on the creature to perform, we would for the moment inquire what are the conditions?
- Eternal Union An article by Elder Beebe on the Eternal Vital Union of Christ and His church.
- Hope! “For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for? But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.”
- It Is Finished! With due humility and that reverence which becomes the ransomed of the Lord, let us inquire what was finished.
- Moreover the Law Entered Rom.5:20, “Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound.”
- Old Man and the New Man By Elder Gilbert Beebe - “So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.” – Rom. vii. 25.
- Our Existence in Christ before the World was. An article with reference to the subject of “Eternal Vital Unity!”
- Preaching of the Cross! The preaching of the cross is far more extensive than proclaiming that Christ was crucified on the cross on Golgotha Hill almost two thousand years ago.
- Propitiation!, The “AND he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.” - 1 John ii. 2,
- Redemption January 1869 by (Elder) J. F. Johnson
- Sabbath Is the Sabbath for believers today?
- Sanctification A question posed to Elder Beebe on 1 Thess. v. 23
- Total Depravity On this important subject mankind appears to be very generally in the dark; and from an ignorance of this subject many errors and extravagances have gained in the world as we shall notice in the conclusion of this article.
- What is the Gospel and to Whom is it Addressed? By Gilbert