CONFIDENCE IN GOD
* * *
1. God is my Fortress and my Tower,
My refuge from the blast;
And He will keep me by His power,
And bring me home at last.
2. He walks beside His trembling child,
Upon the raging sea;
And, when the winds are fierce and wild,
He'll not abandon me.
3. He holds me by His strong right Hand,
And will not let me go;
He guides me o'er the burning sand,
And through the blinding snow.
4. How can I fail with such a Friend,
As He has always been?
Will He not still my soul defend,
And cleanse me from all sin?
5. In His sure promise I'll confide,
Til I have reached the shore;
For He will be my faithful guide,
Until life's storm is o'er.
--Ben Hardin Irwin.
Social Circle, Georgia,
February 15th, 1923.