*** HISTORICAL ARTICLES! ***
Some of these articles are elsewhere on this site. I just thought it profitable to put them together since they have the same theme of the History of the Church. TRUTH doesn't change, and what was truth for these men and in these articles is still the same for us today. Teachings of men change with the times, but THE TRUTH of God's Word does not. - TA
[ Biographies |
Old School Assemblies ]
- Anti-Christian Institutions Are Sunday Schools, Theological Schools, etc. scriptural? you just might be surprised by the answer. This is an excellent supplement to the Black Rock Address. By Elder Beebe
- Articles of Faith Elder Berry's overview of the 1689 Baptist Confession
- Black Rock Address September 28, 1832
- Cloud of Witnesses Quotes from Old School Men
- Golden Age of Predestinarian Old School Baptists A short history note from Stanley Phillips. (Added: 1/22/09)
- Kings and Prophets of the Divided Kingdom A (pdf) chart that outlines the years of the Prophets and what King was in charge (Added: 6/14/11)
- Old School Defined What do we mean by the term "Old School Baptist?" Elder Gilbert Beebe gives a wonderful explanation in this article!
- Religious Down-Grade In Western Civilization Stanley Phillips (Added: 12/18/08)
- The Fort Parker Massacre A brief account of a tragic bit of history that should not be forgotten.
- The History of the Ancient Vallenses and Albigenses By George Stanley Faber. This treatise refutes the false claims against these two groups put out by the Roman Catholic church. Written in April, 1838.
- The Theological Foundation of the Modern Missionary Movement By Gery Schmidt
- The Waldenses Sketches of Church History from Jones
Back to top
- Elder David Bartley
- Elder Gilbert Beebe This is a short biography of Elder Beebe with quotes from some of his writings.
- Elder John Leland
- Elder John Leland Agreement between Elder John Leland and James Madison Commemorated by J.D.W.
- Events In The Life Of John Leland: Written By Himself (Added: 9/21/10)
- Further Sketches Of The Life Of John Leland (Added: 9/21/10)
- Elder Wilson Thompson A very condensed version.
- Elder Wilson Thompson Autobiography (This is the complete autobiography.)
- Experience of: Elder E.J. Lambert From “Tried In The Furnace.”
- Experience of: Elder P.D. Gold Originally published about 1895. (Added: 4/27/11)
- Experience of: Joseph Hart By Joseph Hart
- Experience of: Elder Richard Henslee Originally published in the SIGNS in 1857. (Added: 4/27/11)
- Experience of: Elder J.W. McLanahan Signs of the Times - Volume 70, No. 4 - February 15, 1902 (Added: 5/6/11)
- Experience of: D.W. Patman March 27, 1870 (Added: 11/8/09)
- Experience of: Elder T.M. Poulson Signs of the Times - Volume 70, No. 4 - February 15, 1902 (Added: 5/6/11)
- Experience of: Elder W. L. Rogers Signs of the Times - Volume 70, No. 5 - March 1, 1902 (Added: 5/11/11)
- Experience of: Elder Joseph L. Staton Republished - 1984. (Added: 4/27/11)
- Experience of: Elder William Welborn The Gospel Messenger - 1887
Back to top
OLD SCHOOL PREDESTINARIAN
The entries below that are from the ‘Signs of the Times’ are not here as an endorsement. They very well could be sound in doctrine and order but because I have not been there nor do I personally know anyone who attends there, I cannot in good conscience endorse them. They are here for information and their historic value. I do not agree with the term the “SIGNS” churches because each body is autonomous amongst itself. – Tom
- Dry Creek Baptist Church .... Located in Trigg County, Kentucky. A brief history of the assembly there.
- Brief History of Welsh Tract Church
- History of the Welsh Tract Church - A more in-depth overview of the history of this assembly - Put together by Spangler. Added: 5/18/08
- Ivy Creek Primitive Baptist Crenshaw County, Alabama -- Signs - October 1987 (Added: 4/21/11)
- Little Hope Primitive Baptist Elliston, VA -- Signs - October 1988
- Lindsey Street Primitive Baptist Reidsville, N.C. -- Signs - January 1984 (Added: 4/21/11)
- Oak Woods Baptist Church This is the church which Elder Frederick Keene was the pastor. This book was put together by Jim Cote at PO Box 391 Westbrook, Maine 04098 if anyone would like a hard copy of it. (Added: 5/25/12)
- Pilgrims Rest Primitive Baptist Fordyce, Arkansas -- Signs - September 1987 (Added: 4/21/11)
- Rehobeth Primitive Baptist El Dorado, Arkansas -- Signs - January 1987 (Added: 4/21/11)
- Union Primitive Baptist Patrick County, Virginia -- Signs - March 1988 (Added: 4/21/11)
Back to top